- Knowledgeable: Project leadership & communication, Continuous integration & testing, Linux shell, HTTP, PHP, browser compatibility, WordPress customization.
Implemented a Shadow DOM-based widget architecture, replacing legacy web content UIs.
- Grew the team eventually representing 1/3 of Firefox OS front-end engineering. Led the team transition to Firefox in 2016.
- Stayed hands-on. Recognized as a Firefox “module peer” in Mozilla open source project.
- Grew a new team of 5 Android engineers, took on Android projects. Delivered a new mobile browser app in 4 months.
Feature and architecture planning: build system improvement, hi-res image support, third-party keyboard app framework, Input Method Web API, and vendor customization management.
Laid the architecture foundation of Firefox OS. Built the first “Smart Zhuyin” input method.
PhoneGap-based eBook app for iPad. Project manager for an out-sourced iPhone app.
Researched decentralized web authentication and social networks under Dr. Ching-Teng Hsiao.
Led development of onboarding tour experience and preferences refresh. Managed 5 people.
- Was top #1 committer of the repository for 4 years. “Module co-owner” of the front-end codebase.
- Led the team to develop Settings, Keyboard, and part of the System of Firefox OS.
- Re-factored the Keyboard code base to incorporate multi-touch sequences and Emojis while keeping code size constant. Speed up keyboard cold start-up by 20%.
An HTML5 demo that incorporated text processing, Canvas2DContext API, OAuth2 integration with Google+, and Facebook API. 80k “Likes” on Facebook, two press coverages. Used Travis CI. Received occasional contributions.
Customized WordPress-based website, featuring physics demonstration contents and videos. Top go-to website for Physics education in Taiwan. Accumulated 328k unique visitors during its lifetime.
⚠️ For your safekeeping: This is a private copy containing my personal contact information.